homestead - Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My real estate bias
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:01:39 EST

>Oh, lord no, you will be hounded to extinction. If you think you are,
reveal it to no person.

Not when you limit your expertise to an audience of one. There are two types
of scholarship involved.

One is where we say Mr Zilch is an expert. He is a certified, recognized,
card carrying expert so whatever he says, we take that to be the best
available
information.

The other is where we say Mr Zilch has presented these figures, these
precedents, this logic, and suggests this conclusion. You can see the
figures for
yourself and verify them if you like, you can try the logic yourself, and see
if
it stands ... especially so if Mr Zilch has communicated well and made
himself understood.

The type of "expert" I am refering to is the latter.

> >See? He was an expert. He foolishly made a prediction, which experts
> >are expected, nay, demanded to do to retain their title. And so he
> >did. And he made a m i s t a k e. Bury the bloke.

That's the point, Gene. He didn't make a mistake. Not even a m i s t a k e
nor even a m i s t a k e. He deliberately published misinformation.
CERA is the mouthpiece of the energy industry and funded by them. Their
conclusions are bought and paid for. Not once has Yergin nor CERA published
retraction of their periodic and regular reports that there will be plenty of
oil
and that a sharp rise in production is just around the corner. They're still
doing it.

It's much like the NAR reports of the past two and half years. All the
analysis from the country's foremost experts (them) shows that housing
prices,
sales, and starts will show a sharp upturn next quarter (er, next quarter,
ok
then, next quarter ... etc). It's a great time to buy!!
</HTML>