homestead - Re: [Homestead] Soil remineralization beyond NPK

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Soil remineralization beyond NPK
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:09:05 -0700

On Jan 27, 2008, at 7:03 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

Human feces will cook nicely
in a hot pile, but all mine goes into the toilet, which goes into an
aerator and septic tank. Dog manure goes onto the compost pile, and
I'm sure the heat kills any worms present.

Marie, do you not see the paradox in that? Your manure is produced by an animal that eats a most wonderful and balanced diet, one that is superior to what even we dog lovers feed our pooches.

I use my humanure but, dog manure, eeooooooo!