homestead - Re: [Homestead] Soil remineralization beyond NPK

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Soil remineralization beyond NPK
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:23:34 -0600

Well, Marie!

Apparently all you need to do to be politically or ecologically correct is
to hire someone to come in and rip out your old toilets and set up a clivus
multrum system in your house. They'll need to run the pipe down to your
basement and set up an in-home composter. I found a company that will
service these for only $500 per visit! Oh, wait, they don't service
Illinois! But heck, you'll spend any amount of money to be correct, right?
You'll have to find someone in the Midwest, or who will travel here, who
installs these to travel to your home and give you an installation estimate.
I wonder how much they'd charge for driving several hundred miles? Not much,
right? Gas is so cheap they could do the estimate for free! Since these
cannot take bathtub water, nor water from your kitchen, you'll need to keep
your septic system too. Oh, wait, no! You need to get someone else to come
out and set up a grey water system!

To heck with retiring! Get with it, girl! You cannot be known to have a
*gasp* septic system!!! Go spend money!!!!

And maybe that will be the salvation of our economy. :)

Gloria