homestead - Re: [Homestead] build to last? was: preserving poles

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] build to last? was: preserving poles
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 17:26:01 -0700

At 11/3/2007, you wrote:
Nothing is unstackable if a suitable bonding medium is used. How
about slipform masonry, using either concrete or clay/sand/cement as
a bonding medium? Think of the stones as large aggregate, then make
them exposed after the medium sets up overnight by brushing with
appropriate tool and water.

That is one of the things I am looking forward to. I know you (Gene) like to work with stone and it is something I have little experience with.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com