homestead - Re: [Homestead] build to last? was: preserving poles

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] build to last? was: preserving poles
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:12:10 -0600

I'm reading (so many pictures, if you can actually call it that) Built by Hand: Vernacular Buildings from Around the World, and I'm really blown away by the beauty, variety of forms, and local materials use of ordinary rural people everywhere. They have been doing for centuries what we are only now talking about doing. How did we get so far away from this?

--Sage
Way Out in Texas