freetds - Re: [freetds] unixodbc: no ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Perl_to_SQL_Server <JGrenetier AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unixodbc: no ??
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:53:10 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks James, YTH Yes-this-helps, and a lot. Very thorough explanation.

Indeed a /usr/local/bin/tsql -C gave me:

iconv library: yes
TDS version: 7.1
iODBC: no
unixodbc: yes

I could then proceed successfully with unixODBC installation, and then
finally
with DBD::ODBC.

One part that remains unclear is the TDS versioning:
- I had 7.2 as the current version, from the freeTDS documentation
- but had to backtrack to 7.1 to avoid the installation falling back on 5.0
- From many external sites like the unixODBC's, there's an 8.0 version and
documents or threads from back to year 2005 I think, and associated with
older
products like SQL Server 2000.