freetds - Re: [freetds] unixodbc: no ??

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Perl_to_SQL_Server <JGrenetier AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unixodbc: no ??
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:43:41 +0000 (UTC)

Update:

I've reinstalled a fresh version of unixODBC, and now have got sql.h in
multiple places actually, after I had freeTDS config.log keeping complaining:

conftest.c:65:17: error: sql.h: No such file or directory

I don't have any "conftest.c" however, is it a file created on the fly and
deleted after freeTDS ./configure completion?

Any help welcome, if this thing keeps not working, is it feasible and easier
bypass unixODBC and instead use DBD::ODBC directly with freeTDS since we had
freeTDS tsql working and were able to issue tsql SELECT queries successfully.
If it were not for this unixODBC pain.. And since a driver manager is
described
at optional.. At this point here's what we've got:

- perl and DBI recent versions: OK
- freeTDS <=> unixODBC: FAIL
- freeTDS with no unixODBC tsql "SELECT * FROM customer" OK
- SQL Server: OK

Thanks in advance for any help.