freetds - Re: [freetds] Timed out getting through CVS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: entropy AT freetds.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Timed out getting through CVS
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:22:42 -0400

Lowden, James K wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Benny Mulligan
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 12:00 PM
To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [freetds] Timed out getting through CVS

Hello. I've read through the lists and can't find anything about errors
when installing FreeTDS through CVS. I am timing out at this step:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous AT cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/freetds login

I hit enter when I am prompted for a password as the docs say that there
is
no password. Am I doing this wrong or is the cvs server not being used
any
longer?

-----End Original Message-----

Just hit "Enter" at the login prompt, IIRC.

The documentation at http://www.freetds.org/userguide/packages.htm appears to have out of date information for CVS. I think "cvs.sourceforge.net" needs to be updated to "freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net" in both commands.

--
Cheers,
entropy