freetds - Re: [freetds] Memory leaks in sql calls

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Memory leaks in sql calls
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 20:41:58 -0400

Song, Cavin wrote:
> The leak size is about 20 MB which is what I origially saw in an
> older version of odbc++ and unixodbc libs. I'm running this on linux
> with a Sybase database and the driver is freetds

I think the odds of FreeTDS having a leak like that are approximately the
same as my winning the lottery tomorrow. And I didn't buy a ticket.

One way to isolate this would be to use Sybase's driver for the same
purpose. You're using Linux and are connecting to a Sybase database. Why
not swap in their driver and see if you see the same/different results?
You can download it at no charge from their website.

My guess is you'll see no difference, which will give you more time (and
ammunition) to look at the other components. I'd be happy to eat my words
if you find something.

Regards,