freetds - [freetds] Not getting return value and output parameter from stored procedure.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Rajesh Akolu" <rajesh.akolu AT ftindia.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Not getting return value and output parameter from stored procedure.
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 19:08:08 +0530

Hi,

We are using FreeTDS 0.65 (TDS version 8.0) and unixODBC 2.2.12 on RH Linux
3.4.6. We are connecting to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 from Linux. I am using
C++ on Linux.

Requirement: To get return value and output parameter after calling a stored
procedure.

We are calling Stored Procedure (SP) with input and output parameter and we
are also expecting return value as well.

We are calling stored procedure as follows:

{? = CALL stp_returnRow(?, ?, ?)}

In above case we are expecting both return value and output parameter. The
first parameter is input and 2nd and 3rd parameter is output parameter.

We have written the above query to unixODBC and we were informed that this
problem is not in there Perview. This is for your information.

Please suggest or give us solution if possible.

Thanks & best regards,

Rajesh Akolu

Project Manager

Financial Technologies (India) Ltd.

Board No: 022-26831022 Extn: 254

Fax: 022-26836999

rajesh.akolu AT ftindia.com

www.ftindia.com

Disclaimer:

The information in this E-mail (which includes any files transmitted with it)
is CONFIDENTIAL and may be legally PRIVILEGED. It is intended solely for the
addressee and access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
have received it in error, please destroy any copies of this message,
including any attachments, and delete it from your system notifying the
sender immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it or utilising the same for any purpose other than what it is intended
for, is prohibited and may be unlawful.