freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS API basic/newbe question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: michael.peppler AT bnpparibas.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS API basic/newbe question
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:05:01 +0200

Re: XML & SOAP

Database engines do speak SOAP, or can be made to (eg ASE 12.5.x and 15
can be configured to do so with an add-on feature).
However, as a general method of communicating with clients I think the
overhead would be much too high. The TDS protocol is *much* more compact
than XML and requires a lot less conversion (data sent in binary)...

Michael

Internet
medi AT resonate.com@lists.ibiblio.org - 19.04.2007 08:58

Please respond to freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent by: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org