freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS API basic/newbe question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Medi Montaseri" <medi AT resonate.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS API basic/newbe question
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:25:38 -0700

Hi,

Can someone tell me if the freeTDS api can help me with packet assembly
and unassembly.
More specifically, if I have a buffer containing the TDS headers (type,
length, last or not, etc) and payload, can I just call one of these API
functions and say, get me the SQL query, or Tell me what TDS version, or
tell me if this is an RPC or not, etc,etc

I tried to read the doxygen generated API doc with no avail.

For examle there are a collection of bcp_* functions (like
bcp_batch()), a collection of db* (like dbcancel(), a collection of
tds7_* (like tds7_lookup_host(), a collection of tdsdump_* (like
tdsdump_open())

So there seems to be some system to it (ie grouping of functionality)
(though I might have use the 3 letters for namespace protection, like
ftds__grp_funcName())....but not enough primer to get me started...

I appreciate your help...

Medi