corpus-paul - RE: textbook recommendations

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "Andrew T. Dolan" <dolan AT lasalle.edu>
  • To: "Corpus-paul" <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: textbook recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:33:37 -0400

Perhaps more expensive than you'd want, Raymond Brown's _Introduction to the
New Testament_ is quite good. Less thorough than Roetzel, but still good
for an intro class, is Bart Ehrman's Introduction to the New Testament.
Since I think that Paul's importance to the modern world lies less in what
he actually said and meant than in what later writers interpreted him to
say, I've used Wayne Meeks's book on Paul and his later interpreters.

Andy

Andrew T. Dolan
Assistant Professor of Theology
Humanities Department