corpus-paul - Re: textbook recommendations

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: "David L. Barr" <david.barr AT wright.edu>
  • To: Corpus-paul <corpus-paul AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: textbook recommendations
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 11:11:42 -0400

At 09:39 AM 6/2/01 -0500, you wrote:
It looks like I'll be teaching an introductory course on Paul in the
Autumn. I have used Roetzel in the past,

I used Roetzel this past winter, to good effect. Students like it; understand it. It is very sensible; good on context; a little thin on discussion of the individual letters. My syllabus in still on-line at: http://www.wright.edu/~david.barr/paulsyl0.htm

I haven't seen the Wiles book so I too will be interested in comments.

David

David L. Barr
Professor of Religion
Wright State University