compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Some info re EM in response to D

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "D" <madhava AT fidalgo.net>
  • To: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff AT gardener.com>, <eddington AT lvcm.com>, <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Some info re EM in response to D
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 23:22:08 -0700

I found Elaine's comment "The actinobacteria are really hard on the
beneficial fungi." very interesting.

Is it possible that by using compost tea that is not properly balanced we
could do more harm than good in the long run to our soilfoodweb.

From what Elaine said it sounds like people using EM could suffer from a
serious lack of beneficial fungi in the future.

Could CT's cause similar problems? If we don't have a balanced mix in the
tea or if the mix of organisms is thrown out of whack by filters and spray
equipment.

I look a the N-P-K situation. When people first started focusing on those
Nutrients they were having great results. Now, so many years later that
trip has turned into a nightmare.

I get nervous messing to much with mama nature and trying to do too much
adding or subtracting.

I'm a big fan of the idea of compost tea and plan on using it but at the
same time I'm a little nervous.....

Daniel