compostteas - [Compostteas] D.O. levels - Testing Meters

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "eddington AT lvcm.com" <eddington AT lvcm.com>
  • To: "Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org" <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] D.O. levels - Testing Meters
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:21:04 -0400

Hi Scott,

We started testing for dissolved oxygen a couple months ago with a
Pinpoint II meter from American Marine in our 60 and 500 gallon
brewers.

We take readings before adding ingredients, immediately after adding
ingredients and throughout the brew at various times. It can vary 3-4
points throughout the cycle from 10.6. to 6.2, but usually stays in the
range of 7.6 - 8.2 at 78 degrees Fahrenheit.

I would like to find a combo meter that continously monitors D.O., Ph,
Temp, and EC and keeps a data log that I can plug into a Macintosh
Computer and self calibrates. If anyone knows of one please let me
know.

I have called the manufacturer several times and Elaine's lab to be
sure I am reading and calibrating the meters correctly. I am calibrating
the D.O. each time from each liquid to be tested. I take a range of
readings now to be sure I am getting the correct number. 3 x ph
reading from same sample (Oaktron Ph tester) variations 1.0. D.O at
various times after put in test sample (immediate reading, after 15-30
seconds). If anybody else uses these meters please let me know your
experiences. I was waiting until the D.O. stabilized in the test, but the
manufacturer said take it immediately. I still question that.

http://mail2web.com/ .