compostteas - [Compostteas] Essie's Tea

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Scott Alexander" <daylily AT bigpond.com>
  • To: <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Essie's Tea
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 13:12:56 +1000

Essie, I think its too low in humic acid, molasses and kelp and would go for
2 to 3 pints in 25 gallons with 10 pounds of your compost. You say the
compost should be fungal so you must feed them once they are extracted. To
get better extraction, I would put the composts in two bags, and I'd also
put the residue from the azomite, granite meal, colloidal rock phosphate,
and greensand mixture in a bag too. There'll be some organisms in the tea
which would like to nibble on it.
There's probably lots of bacteria in the vermi-compost too so add more
molasses to encourage greater increase.
Have you any aloe vera plants? The gel from a couple of leaves is good
fungal food too.

What about some heat? I think that if you could get the temps up to 80 you
would get rapid increase of the organisms and the tea could be ready in 48
hours.

Do you dilute your tea?
Other than increasing the microbe numbers in the soil, do you have specific
use for your tea? Is your soil unhealthy? Do you have leaf disease?

Scott Alexander

  • [Compostteas] Essie's Tea, Scott Alexander, 06/03/2002