compostteas - [Compostteas] Dissolved Oxygen levels

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Scott Alexander" <daylily AT bigpond.com>
  • To: <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Dissolved Oxygen levels
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 18:03:43 +1000

Today I tested the efficacy of my aerator (a spa pool aerator) by one of the
staff of the suppliers of my organic fertilisers and other organic products,
Nutri-tech Solutions (www.nutri-tech.com.au) The reading on the dissolved
oxygen meter was 11.4 which Peter assured me was very good but I hadn't
started my next brew when it was measured. I was told it could vary
considerably after the "ingredients" were put in the water. That reading was
a obtained after aerating 60 gallons of water for 24 hours at ambient
temperatures (now about 20 degress celsius) .

I think i've got a very good aerator. Can it get any better than 11.4?

I'd like to know whether others in this group have measured their oxygen
levels before, during and at the end of the brew time - whether that be 24
hours, 48 hours etc

Scott Alexander
Maleny
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

  • [Compostteas] Dissolved Oxygen levels, Scott Alexander, 06/01/2002