cc-sampling - RE: [cc-sampling] Nation of Copiers, or, what to name the license?

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "Kirkman, Catherine" <CKirkman AT wsgr.com>
  • To: "Cory Doctorow" <doctorow AT craphound.com>
  • Cc: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [cc-sampling] Nation of Copiers, or, what to name the license?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:59:05 -0700

I agree with you that they are ambiguous, which is why I liked "sampling"
best.

With creative/artistic there may be connotations of the artistic techniques
that we have in mind for this license, but again as a lawyer I will let the
creative folks decide on what connotations resonate (or not). My main
concern is actually that the name not imply a full derivative right license.