cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] More name

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: Kasper Souren <Kasper.Souren AT ircam.fr>
  • To: Kevin Marks <cc AT mediagora.com>, cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] More name
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:11:10 +0200

> I know I'm coming in at the end here, so I don't know the history of
> this, but this complexity is a concern. As the CC license accretes
> variations like this, the ability to use it deterministically fades,
> and the prospect of licence negotiation or potential litigation creeps
> back in.

Same counts for me. I think there's need for one simple license for music
that
gives freedom and has a firm legal base. Like the GPL is for software; there
is no restriction on the usage of free software.

There is no need for 48 different licenses... With this complexity of many
options it seems really hard to write all these different licenses. They
should be stated well enough to hold up in court.

bye,
Kasper