cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Proposed change to the ND licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Proposed change to the ND licenses
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 20:40:18 +0200

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 10:29 , maiki wrote:
Do the other licenses have those clauses in the legal code? Does calling
it out in the ND licenses make it ambiguous for the non-ND licenses?

I don't think it is a bad idea, but if I were comparing licenses, and
the most restrictive license gave explicit permission, then I would
question how the other licenses apply; perhaps I would read the SA
license as requiring that I make the data mining output publicly
available under the same license.
I had a very similar first reaction. why limit this to ND? it should also be clarified for the SA licenses. since they also have condition that only kick in when the adapted work is redistributed but do not need to be complied with when making modifications of the licensed work and using them privately.

best, paul