cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Proposed change to the ND licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Anthony <ok AT theendput.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Proposed change to the ND licenses
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:25:38 -0400

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Anthony <ok AT theendput.com> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Sarah Pearson <sarah AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
We propose changing the ND licenses to make it clear that licensees may create adaptations so long as those adaptations are not shared publicly.

So if an adaptation you made ever gets shared publicly, your creation of it is retroactively made illegal?

I'm not sure you can do that.

No, the creation of the adaptation will never be made illegal. It is the sharing (as defined in the licenses) that will be.

So if the person who shares the adaptation is different from the person who prepared the adaptation, the person who prepared the adaptation is fine?

If I make 50,000 adaptations and my daughter inherits them and sells them, relying on 17 USC 109, no problem?