cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] We'd like your feedback on our proposed new contributor agreement for The List app

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • To: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] We'd like your feedback on our proposed new contributor agreement for The List app
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 21:58:37 +0100

Well I guess it boils down to: "we are not lawyers”. I would be happy to
contribute to a repository if their is already a license on it, I consider
myself educated enough that I assume that my contributions are licensed in
that way. I have never signed an agreement with CC but I did some pull
requests. Does that mean that I own the copyright to those changes? I also
forked the CC theme without a License I believe. Bjorn did that a couple a
years to I believe. For me these agreements only need to happen when you
expect so many contributors that you cannot build a personal relation with
each of them. I don’t see that happening at the moment for the reasons I have
given. So I have no feedback.
--
Kennisland | www.kl.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | @mzeinstra