cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] We'd like your feedback on our proposed new contributor agreement for The List app

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Matt Lee <mattl AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Jonas Öberg <jonas AT coyote.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] We'd like your feedback on our proposed new contributor agreement for The List app
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:08:54 -0500

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Jonas Öberg <jonas AT coyote.org> wrote:

> It seems to me that Maarten, and to some extent Bjorn, aren't
> necessarily contesting the contributor agreement as such, but see it
> only as one of the obstacles to contributing to Creative Commons, and
> where other work is needed before even getting to the issue of a
> contributor agreement. So what we're saying is that rather than first
> posting the question of the contributor agreement, you may want to
> consider how to increase the communication between CC and its
> community, and how to get that initial collaboration going. Once you
> have an actual contribution, you can use that opportunity to review
> the contributor agreement.

Yeah, I agree we need to do a better job there. The revamp of the Labs
blog will go some way toward that, I hope.

However, we do have people who are contributing to The List already,
people who will be asked to sign the contributor agreement. So I
wanted to get some feedback on it, before we proceed there. As there's
no specific feedback about the agreement, only the process, I'll
proceed with it as is.