cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] We'd like your feedback on our proposed new contributor agreement for The List app

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Jonas Öberg <jonas AT coyote.org>
  • To: Matt Lee <mattl AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org devel" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] We'd like your feedback on our proposed new contributor agreement for The List app
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:50:06 +0100

Hi Matt, Bjorn, Maarten,

In general, I agree with the points raised by Maarten. But I also see,
and can relate to, the contributor agreements that Matt is talking
about.

It seems to me that Maarten, and to some extent Bjorn, aren't
necessarily contesting the contributor agreement as such, but see it
only as one of the obstacles to contributing to Creative Commons, and
where other work is needed before even getting to the issue of a
contributor agreement. So what we're saying is that rather than first
posting the question of the contributor agreement, you may want to
consider how to increase the communication between CC and its
community, and how to get that initial collaboration going. Once you
have an actual contribution, you can use that opportunity to review
the contributor agreement.

Sincerely,
Jonas