cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Gsoc idea :liblicence for URLs and plugin for embedding licences in media files in Django

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: amit sethi <amit.pureenergy AT gmail.com>
  • To: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Gsoc idea :liblicence for URLs and plugin for embedding licences in media files in Django
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:24:35 +0530

Thanks for taking out time to review. Just for argument sake, If you have a browser plugin to evaluate this transient data, it will inform user about the fact that a particular remote object is licensed under certain license.This according to me can be a good beginning to the idea .We should keep the discussion open on this.

Also I think I have really gotten excited by the idea of liblicense and wish to contribute to it.
I have read on the mailing Archives about a call for a plugin for F-spot to write license information .If there is no project like that as yet i would like to initiate it .
Also the plugin will automatically read and write license information when someone uploads or downloads using flickr.

Also Flickr uses something called oembed on which it gives the license information . There could be a FireFox plugin which recognizes Creative Common License information onĀ  oembed and tells the user that there is creative common data on this page .Although i think oembed is also transient .
I invite suggestions on how liblicense or the concept of liblicense can be used for remote objects .
And applications for which liblicense plugins can be written .
--
A-M-I-T S|S