cc-devel - [cc-devel] Gsoc idea :liblicence for URLs and plugin for embedding licences in media files in Django

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: amit sethi <amit.pureenergy AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] Gsoc idea :liblicence for URLs and plugin for embedding licences in media files in Django
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:03:20 +0530

Basic premise: To be able to find licenses for a remote object.
The idea is to write a HTTP header spec. Something like X-License. This header would provide me information about what license that particular object is available under.
Tasks and Deliverable:

1) To write the specs which can cover extensibly licenses for objects available a particular URL.

Taking an example of a blog entry

Sending request

 Connected to chasingframes.co.cc (76.191.252.49) port 80 (#0)
 GET /blog/2009/03/21/site-colors-and-logo/ HTTP/1.1
 Host: chasingframes.co.cc
 Accept: */*

Response

 HTTP/1.0 200 OK