baslinux - Re: [BL] Toshiba laptop screen prob

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Toshiba laptop screen prob
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:02:06 +0000 (UTC)

Another method that takes less experimentation with modes:

mode con lines=43, 25 or 50 changes number of text lines

Tried MODE too. No luck with that either.
Odd. It worked on all my computers. Did it do anything?

On my Toshiba Satellite 350CDS (100MHz) I disabled stretched text in BIOS
and typed mode con lines=43 and it filled the screen with 43 lines of
text. 50 lines leaves an inch empty top and bottom like 25 lines.
I put this line into autoexec.bat. It looks no worse than stretched text
and the same as what you get with vga=ask, followed by 2, in linux.

I suspect there are lots of variations with different models. If
you ever come across any thing specific to Satellite 110CS or 110CT,
please let me know. Thanks for your efforts.

A web search revealed that it is the same speed (100MHz), RAM (24MB), and HD (800MB) as my Toshiba (420CS). But does not behave the same. Sorry.
Sindi

Ian.