baslinux - Re: [BL] Toshiba laptop screen prob

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Toshiba laptop screen prob
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:06:08 +0100 (BST)

> > Vmode works nicely in DOS but when you boot to BL you are back to the
> > original size/shape text.

Havn't replied because Ive been away. I tried VMODE extensively.
It certainly changes modes but none of them were any good. None
stretched the screen vertically.

> > Another method that takes less experimentation with modes:
> >
> > mode con lines=43, 25 or 50 changes number of text lines

Tried MODE too. No luck with that either.

> On my Toshiba Satellite 350CDS (100MHz) I disabled stretched text in BIOS
> and typed mode con lines=43 and it filled the screen with 43 lines of
> text. 50 lines leaves an inch empty top and bottom like 25 lines.
> I put this line into autoexec.bat. It looks no worse than stretched text
> and the same as what you get with vga=ask, followed by 2, in linux.

I suspect there are lots of variations with different models. If
you ever come across any thing specific to Satellite 110CS or 110CT,
please let me know. Thanks for your efforts.

> Can you find a way to add a cursor to VESA text modes (graphical) in DOS?

I think the cursor isnt the only problem. With the ones I looked at, when
one reaches the bottom line, one can go no further. Screen doesnt scroll
up. Ian.

--
Bye now,
Ian.