baslinux - Re: [BL] 40 columns and PDA as terminal

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 40 columns and PDA as terminal
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 18:15:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

BL2 comes with the required line in inittab but
BL3.4 and BL3.5 do not.

BL3 does not have a normal getty. It does not have
a login prompt.
If I were to add the line from BL2 to BL3, would it let me connect a
serial terminal to BL3?

You can use getty instead of agetty but you also need to add some configuration file to /etc. Sounds complicated.

What did I omit to get the login prompt?

I found a suggestion to check for IRQ conflicts
(and make sure the serial port works with a modem, and replace your I/O card if it does not.)

/proc/tty/driver/serial:
0: uart:16440A port:3F8 irq:4 baud:19200 tx:1196 rx:21 RTS|DTR
1 .....irq:3 ...no baud, tx:0 rx:0

I am attempting to use ttyS0 (com1). It works with a mouse.
Com2 worked with a modem and with pilot-link. Cursor but no login prompt.