baslinux - Re: [BL] Christof's sb-bl2.tgz sound package

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Christof's sb-bl2.tgz sound package
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:23:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Considering that obsolete hardware is now on average
maybe five years newer than when BL1 came out, it
would be helpful if at least rtl8139 could replace
one of the more obsolete ethernet modules.

On BL1? Sorry, I am no longer upgrading BL1.
Or BL2 for that matter.

I personally have never run across a single ewrk3
eeepro wd,or smc-ultra

Personally, I own one eepro, one smc-ultra and four
wd network cards.

could one or more of these be replaced by rtl8139
in the next BL?

Nothing to replace. None of the above are in BL3.

Here I thought I had deleted them! You are right, just 8390/ne and ne2kpci - both of which I have actually even used. Not even 3c509, which is under 5K (smaller than the others) and seems to be relatively common.
So I will stick to using BL2 for setting up new computers, with a 3COM card.