baslinux - Re: [BL] no XVESA or svgalib - DOS/linux video problem

  • From: Ron Clarke <ron AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] no XVESA or svgalib - DOS/linux video problem
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:35:23 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:51:04 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:
>
> > Hi Sindi,
> >
> > On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:41:39 +0000 (UTC)
> > sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> >> Compushow gives a runtime error 200
> >
> > This last is because Compushow has that Pascal bug that cannot cope
> > with a faster computer.
> > Compushow does not run on my Duron 600 but is still OK on me AMD K3 450.

> I have a little DOS database program which is written in Pascal, called
> EDB (Easy DataBase) and it produced a runtime error 200 at 0673:0091!

Same thing - runtime error 200.

> I think there is a patch for this somewhere.

I found two different patches, but neither of them work on Compushow,
because it is a compressed executable, and it is locked down.

> Compushow works on our AMD K6 475MHz and on Ron's 450MHz but not on our
> 533MHz or his 600MHz. What is the exact speed where it cocks out?

It is a combination of raw speed and some other parameters, which I have
now forgotten.
Compushow 2000 is/was one of my favourite DOS graphic progs, so I spent quite
a lot of time and effort trying to revive it - without success. Now I just
use it on the older, slower boxes.

Regards,
Ron

--