baslinux - Re: [BL] problem configuring laptop lan card

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problem configuring laptop lan card
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:12:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Francois Comparot wrote:

i did try it on my laptop with the via-rhine.o module

Are you sure the via-rhine module is the correct one
for your hardware?

and the system answer "Device or ressource busy"

That message occurs when you use the wrong module.

I have had that message with the right module when the card was not working, with a 3com c3905B card, which did not work until after I did a thorough test of it in DOS.

Steven used to suggest that people use the SW7.1 kernel in net.i, which attempts to use many different modules. (It also did not work with my 3com at first).

Other than looking inside the computer or using the net.i kernel, how can we identify the ethernet chip?

and no internet after that of course

I assume your target network has a gateway to the internet.