baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:39:29 -0800

Steven Darnold wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> > > I'm guessing that they "upgraded" from a login
> > > script to PAP or CHAP.
> >
> > Nope. It IS PAP/CHAP, same as before.
>
> Doesn't look like PAP/CHAP to me. The username
> prompt and the password prompt normally come from
> a login script.

True. However, it appears that Ron's ISP is slightly "questionably"
configured, in that it provides both prompts, but only seems to
accept PAP/CHAP logins. I suspect that other dialers such as Arachne
and Windows try PAP/CHAP first, and then a login prompt, while eznet
tries to uses the script method first.

> > > It certainly looks like they are running a login script;
> > > however, I suggest you try PAP/CHAP anyway. Simply put
> > > the following in /var/eznet/eznet/conf
> > > ---------
> > > 0 chat no
> > > ---------
> >
> > It is already there.
>
> Then try removing it. It might be fouling the login script.

I agree. Is "0 chat yes" the default or do you need to explicitly
specify this? Ron, if this doesn't work, do you know what the name
of the dialer on Peanut Linux is? You might be able to use it on
BL3, too.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com