baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:52:33 +1200

Ron Clarke wrote:

> It dialled OK, and I was asked for my username.
> User name seems OK. It asked for my password.
> I entered it, then pressed the return key. The lights
> went out on the modem immediately, and it left the
> message "Authorization failed".
>
> I also got that when I tried dialling manually in DOS.

It looks like a password problem or (perhaps) a
faulty login script at the ISP end). Have you got
any funny characters in your password? It's
possible eznet is not passing non-alpha-numeric
characters.

If the ISP login script is faulty, it shouldn't
matter. With "chat no" in eznet.conf you should
never see the login prompts. Perhaps there is
some error in your eznet.conf?