baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ron AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 07:09:17 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 19:03:02 -0800, David Moberg wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:

>> Hi Folks,
>> I have a problem. My main ISP has "upgraded" his server

> Uh-oh.

>> and I can no longer log in on the dial-up number with BL2, BL3,
>> Slackware9.1. But I can log-in with Arachne in DOS, and my wife has
>> no problem with Win98.

> What software do you use on the Linux side? I would try wvdial and
> possibly KPPP to check if it is some obscure authentication protocol
> which eznet does not understand.

> Can you connect manually (using a communications program such as
> Hyperterminal on Windows or microcom on BL3)?

I found minicom on BL3, and tried it.

It dialled OK, and I was asked for my username.

User name seems OK. It asked for my password.

I entered it, then pressed the return key. The lights went out on the
modem immediately, and it left the message "Authorization failed".

I also got that when I tried dialling manually in DOS.

Could it be a time-out set too short on the server ?

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://tadpole.ausreg.com