baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:51:55 -0800

Ron Clarke wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:39:29 -0800, David Moberg wrote:
>
> Ron, if this doesn't work, do you know what the name of the
> dialer on Peanut Linux is? You might be able to use it on
> BL3, too.
>
> From what I can see it uses PPPD,

eznet is a user-friendly frontend for PPPD.

> and (among other differences) it also accepts the DNS numbers
> from the server.

You can do this with any Linux version if your glibc supports it.
You can try copying over /etc/resolv.conf from Peanut (after you
make sure that you have a backup!) and if all is well, it should
accept a DNS address from your ISP. Of course, this happens after
you get a connection.

> Steven, if I install ppp.tgz from /n2/ of SW7.1 into BL2, will I mess
> up what is already there from a standard BL2 setup ?

I'm not Steven, but I don't think it will. However, BL already has pppd.
The BL2 one might even be the same as SW7. Is that version too early for
you? Older PPPDs couldn't handle Microsoft's version of CHAP.

Have you tried wvdial yet? If so, did it give an error message?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com