baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:13:10 -0800

Ron Clarke wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:52:33 +1200, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > If the ISP login script is faulty, it shouldn't
> > matter. With "chat no" in eznet.conf you should
> > never see the login prompts. Perhaps there is
> > some error in your eznet.conf?
>
> I have four (4) different ISP dial/logins set in eznet.conf, set
> against
>

> 0 etc
>
> 1
> 1
> 1 etc
>

> 2
> 2
> 2 etc
>

> 3
> 3
> 3 etc
>

> and each is called by four little scripts that say eznet up 1/2/3/4

Does your eznet.conf have 0 chat no, 1 chat no, 2 chat no, etc. for each
connection which needs it?

> > On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:51:55 -0800, David Moberg wrote:
>
> > You can do this with any Linux version if your glibc supports it.
> > You can try copying over /etc/resolv.conf from Peanut (after you
> > make sure that you have a backup!) and if all is well, it should
> > accept a DNS address from your ISP. Of course, this happens after
> > you get a connection.
>
> Yerse !

What does this mean? I'm from the U.S. and don't know many Australian
terms.

> > Have you tried wvdial yet? If so, did it give an error message?
>
> Does wvdial come with BL2 ?

No. eznet works in most cases.

> If not, what sould I look for ?

Here's an FTP link to wvdial. Slackware 7.1 package, works with BL2.

ftp://ftp.nara.wide.ad.jp/pub/Linux/linuxpackages/Slackware-7/wvdial-1.41/wvdial.tgz

Perhaps it would be better if you could copy the configuration from Peanut
Linux to BL2.

> > Perhaps there is some error in your eznet.conf?
>
> I would be willing to email a copy off-list if that would solve this
> %$$@ing problem.

Send one here, please. davidjmoberg (at) lycos (full stop) com.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com