baslinux - Re: [BL] Help

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ron AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:36:36 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:52:33 +1200, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:

>> It dialled OK, and I was asked for my username.
>> User name seems OK. It asked for my password.
>> I entered it, then pressed the return key. The lights
>> went out on the modem immediately, and it left the
>> message "Authorization failed".

>> I also got that when I tried dialling manually in DOS.

> It looks like a password problem or (perhaps) a
> faulty login script at the ISP end).

Yet this server allows my wife (Win98) to log in (we share the account)
and is happy to accept Arachne for DOS logging in with epppd.

> Have you got
> any funny characters in your password? It's
> possible eznet is not passing non-alpha-numeric
> characters.

Nope. It is actually three alpha characters and four numeric
characters, all lower case.

> If the ISP login script is faulty, it shouldn't
> matter. With "chat no" in eznet.conf you should
> never see the login prompts. Perhaps there is
> some error in your eznet.conf?

I have four (4) different ISP dial/logins set in eznet.conf, set
against

0
0
0
0 etc

1
1
1 etc

2
2
2 etc

3
3
3 etc

and each is called by four little scripts that say eznet up 1/2/3/4

It WAS all working perfectly until my main ISP "IMPROVED" the server.
:(

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke