baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 X-WIndows

  • From: Robert Steinmetz <rob AT steinmetznet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 X-WIndows
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:00:02 -0500

Sindi Keesan wrote:

The attached zip file contains 44K univesa.exe and a small univesa.txt
which lists the supported cards. I think you had Chips and Technologies. It supports C and T 82c451/452/453. If so, in DOS, type univesa (enter) to load the 9K TSR VESA driver for any cards listed, which might at least
get you 256 colors in DOS if not higher resolution. I have no idea
whether this will help in linux if you first boot into DOS and load univesa. Good luck. At least it might let you use DOS graphical programs. Let us know if it helps.

SciTech has a much larger universal vesa drier (univbe51.*?) which might work if this does not. It is not free.
If you like, I can check whether SVGAlib supports your video chip (remind me what it is). If so, you can run links2 in SVGAlib mode as a graphical browser, in BL2 (for which there are precompiled versions).
Sindi Keesan

I checked the specification and the machine has;
the Chips and Technologies 65550 with 1 MB of video memory.