baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 X-WIndows

  • From: Robert Steinmetz <rob AT steinmetznet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 X-WIndows
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:38:50 -0600

Sindi Keesan wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, James Miller wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Robert Steinmetz wrote:

Sindi Keesan wrote:

If you like, I can check whether SVGAlib supports your video chip (remind
me what it is). If so, you can run links2 in SVGAlib mode as a graphical
browser, in BL2 (for which there are precompiled versions).

I checked the specification and the machine has;
the Chips and Technologies 65550 with 1 MB of video memory.

This is supported by SVGAlib, which is used by links2 (graphical browser) and zgv (viewer) and seejpeg, and bmv postscript viewer and some games like doom and quake.