baslinux - [BL] BL2 compiling - don't mix libraries

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2 compiling - don't mix libraries
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:55:33 -0500 (EST)

I just proved conclusively that you cannot compile (at least not easily)
in BL2 if you upgrade the runtime libraries (.so.) to 2.2.5 but not the
glibc used for compiling (leave that 2.1.3). I got the same error message
with three programs: undefined reference to 'atexit@@GLIBC_2.0' which I
presume is because the compiler is confused by the two non-matching
libraries.

I was able to compile all three programs on the first try on a computer
with runtime and compiler libraries upgraded to 2.2.5. (I did not have
space to do this on the other computer, and I also wanted to compile
things that would work for the older libraries).

Lynx was compiled statically as a way around this problem.