baslinux - Re: [BL] modem share with windows and linux

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] modem share with windows and linux
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:22:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > Since I only have the command line version of these programs
> > in linux, I can't configure them to route through a proxy
> > server.
>
> Have you tried using links? It can use a proxy server (ESC-S-N).
> Links does ftp downloads and (I believe) it can be used to start
> a telnet session.

I installed a couple of free proxy servers while I was trying to get this
setup. Links did work going trhough the proxy for web based address, but
the FTP didn't work

James mentioned using Win98 Internet Connection Sharing, and I'll look
into that. I had completely spaced on setting that up. I am using Win98SE
if that helps any (for the win box of course). I'll look into this and see
if I can get it all configured correctly.

If I have some problems, I might be sending you an email directly James,
if you don't mind of course :)

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org