baslinux - [BL] pdfimages

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] pdfimages
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 18:38:31 -0400 (EDT)

I unzipped Doug's package and put pdfimages into /bin. You are supposed
to also have an xpdfrc config file but I don't seem to have received the
instructions as to how to make one in xpdfrc(5) man page, which I will ask
Doug for.

The DOS version of pdfimages works on three test files - one with one ppm
image, one with a jpeg and a ppm image, and one full-page scanned image
that converts to pbm.

The Linux version worked on the first of these files (it turns it upside
down in both DOS and Linux versions).

It worked on the second file (upside down as usual) but not if I used the
switch -j to convert jpegs to jpegs, in which case it converted the jpeg
to a very scrambled jpeg and the ppm to a 0 byte file.

On the pbm file it produced something 2/3 as long as the DOS version did
which my DOS viewer (pictview) said was an unrecognized file structure.

I have sent Doug these two files.