baslinux - Re: [BL] pdftotext and Links/Lynx browsers

  • From: "James Miller (office)" <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pdftotext and Links/Lynx browsers
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:32:25 -0500 (CDT)

> Have you had time to check out pdfimage or pdftops?

Check them out how? pdftoimage, I would imagine, makes a scanned pdf
image into a .gif or .jpeg or something. Is that right? Then I'd try to
view it with zgv or something and see if it checks out? I can sort of
understand how I'd do something like this. As for pdftops, I'm at a loss.
I don't have any printer, let alone a ps printer. I do use a fake
postscript printer under M$Win to print .doc files to .ps files so I can
convert them to .pdf using ps2pdf. But I don't see how that would allow
me to check how your friend's pdftops converter is working. How does one
go about checking the integrity of a .ps file anyway? What do I look for?
Is it enough to just run the program on a file without it returning error
messages to confirm that it's ok? I need more instructions.

James