baslinux - [BL] pdftotext and Links/Lynx browsers

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] pdftotext and Links/Lynx browsers
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:00:31 -0500 (CDT)

Apologies to the list for those multiple postings about Sylpheed.

I think I'll direct this question primarily to Sindi, since I remember her
talking about this topic. I'm trying to integrate pdftotext with the
Links or Lynx browsers, so that it will open and display pdf files that
are linked to from the web (as opposed to saving them locally before
viewing). I recall you saying you had gotten this to work, Sindi, though
I think I'm remembering it was on DOS. Am I remembering correctly? Have
you gotten it to work on Linux, either under Links or Lynx (or both?).
If so, could you give some pointers about how you did it? I'm not having
much luck thus far. Anyone else with insight into this, please jump in.

Thanks, James