baslinux - Re: [BL] Rdesktop

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Rdesktop
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 10:03:22 +0000

Yong Beng Ong wrote:

> Hi! Need to find out if we are able to install this
> software call rdesktop... I tried to download it from
> this website "http://www.rdesktop.org/"; but it seems
> like I need to do some kind of compile and
> build..so..

You will need to compile it yourself (by installing GCC)
or find someone to compile it for you. Like most Linux
programs, it is distributed as source-code to enable you
to create a version that is perfect for your hardware.
Fewer programs are distributed as binaries. Binaries
often have dependency problems.

> i tried searching for this software on the slackware
> 7.1 cd but to no avil...

There are other places where Slackware binaries are
available:
---------------------------------------
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/delilinux/deli
http://slackpacks.tchelinux.com.br/
http://www.linuxpackages.net/
http://kreiger.linuxgods.com/slackpack/

One of them does have a pre-compiled binary for
Slackware 9.0:
http://www.linuxpackages.net/details.php?name=rdesktop
It might work on BL2, but it will probably need newer
libraries installed. Use ldd to see what it needs.

  • [BL] Rdesktop, Yong Beng Ong, 05/31/2003
    • Re: [BL] Rdesktop, qwms-avib, 05/31/2003