b-hebrew - Re: Re[3]: YHWH vs. Yahweh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "yahua'sef" <gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU>
  • To: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Re[3]: YHWH vs. Yahweh
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 11:52:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Jim West wrote:

> Le problème avec votre suggestion est qu'il y a d'évidence
> suffisante que le nom divin était “Yahweh” prononcé tandis que le
> seul conseil que c'était Jéhovah prononcé se repose sur un
> malentendu clair du système hébreu du vocalization.
>
> Vous montez un cheval mort.

Really? That's quite interesting, Pastor. I suppose another requisuite of
this schoalrly discussion of Hebrew which you forgot to mention
stipulates fluency or at least basic sentence structure in modern French.
Am I correct, or is the good pastor being the annoying absent minded
professor I know him as? After all, you did condemn me to hell, sir. ;)

SHalom.