xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XPath Namespace Nodes rethink

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: Michael Kay <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • Cc: 'Elliotte Harold' <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XPath Namespace Nodes rethink
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 13:11:17 -0500

Michael Kay scripsit:

> > I remain convinced that allowing namespace bindings to escape
> > from XML names into attribute values and element content was
> > a colossal mistake.
>
> I remain convinced that namespaces were a colossal mistake.

"The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: if
Mr. Gladstone fell into the Thames, that would be a misfortune; and if
anybody pulled him out, that I suppose would be a calamity."
--Benjamin Disraeli (Gladstone's political opponent)

--
John Cowan www.ccil.org/~cowan www.reutershealth.com
jcowan AT reutershealth.com