xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] dtd problems

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: luca <passani AT eunet.no>
  • Cc: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] dtd problems
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:32:08 -0400

luca scripsit:

> mmm. Unfortunately I don't control the XML document. This is always
> about the same issue of using XOM to parse WML/XHTML-MP mark-up
> and extract img references. There is not much use for a DTD for me.

In that case you need to use a parser that can be told to ignore
the external subset of the DTD. (No conformant XML parser can
ignore the DTD altogether; the internal subset, at least, must
always be processed.)

--
"They tried to pierce your heart John Cowan
with a Morgul-knife that remains in the http://www.ccil.org/~cowan